Monday, August 26, 2013

Why is Re-Imageing better than Virus Removal

The Re-Image Process consists of Backing up the drive, Formatting it (deleting everything), Reloading the OS of your choice, Restoring the Data, and finding all of the drivers. My process also includes pulling the drive, installing any additional programs like office or teamviewer, updating everything, cleaning the screen keyboards and fans, and I scan the backup for viruses.

Why is this better?

It is 100% guaranteed to remove the virus. Conventional methods of virus removal can be very thorough but there is no guarantee that every file will be virus free. It will make your computer like (if not better) than brand new.

It is much faster. Some places will argue that after doing all the searching for drivers and updates, burning the image to the disk. I can sometimes do this entire process in about an hour. The reason I can do this much faster Is I have a custom image. This allows me to install the OS, 14 different programs, 20 common drivers, any updates, and format the drive all at one time. I will later create a blog discussing how to create a custom Windows image.

This allows for you to upgrade from your old OS that my be slow, prone to viruses, or even out dated and no longer supported.

The one drawback to this is if you have programs you need transferred its much more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment